Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines our policy on how we manage the personal information we hold about our customers, shareholders and others. It applies to our BITIBU and the Partnered Local Companies.
It is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals.
If you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service, we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on our Site, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users intending to use certain services may be asked for, as appropriate, residential address, date of birth, nationality, gender, identity documentation, and relevant bank and payment card information.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. We may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about a User whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include technical information about the User’s means of connection to our Site, such as details of the User’s browser, computer operating system, smartphone, the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How do we use your personal information?
The personal information you provided to BITIBU will allow us to
- Fulfil your product or service order;
- Alert you of new products or services, features, or enhancements;
- Handle/route your customer service or technical support questions or issues;
- Notify you promotions and offers.
- To improve customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To process payments - We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To fulfil compliance requirements - We may use the information Users provide in order to ensure that regulated companies which work with us are able to fulfil their obligations under legislation relating to money laundering, terrorist financing, and other forms of financial compliance. We only share this information with outside parties to the extent necessary to provide the service.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. BITIBU takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
What type of communication may I receive?
Special Offers and updates
We will occasionally send you information on products, services and special deals and promotions. Periodic emails will also be sent updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
What choices do I have regarding the collection, use, and distribution of my personal information?
BITIBU allows you to control the way that we use personal identifying information that we might obtain. At the time you provide personal information, BITIBU may give you the option of declining any future offers or information about new products, promotions or services. In addition, many of the “mailings” that BITIBU may send you, such as newsletters, have the procedures within them to cancel the receipt of any future mailings. Lastly you may be given the opportunity to “opt-out”.
How secure is my personal information?
BITIBU has taken steps to assure that all information collected will remain secure and in its original form, i.e. free from any alteration. As such, access to all personal information is strictly controlled.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored and processed via our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We store your personal and non-personal information securely throughout the life of your BITIBU account on our computers in Cyprus and elsewhere in the world where BITIBU facilities or our service providers are located. BITIBU will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes.
While BITIBU cannot guarantee that unauthorized access by external parties will never occur, rest assured that BITIBU takes great care in maintaining the security of your personal information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through the use of appropriate technology and internal procedures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may share your personal information with:
- Financial institutions, payment processors, and identity service providers with which we operate.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, compliance, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Deactivating your account
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We can generally update your customer information over the telephone, by email from your registered email address or online via the electronic trading service.
What if you have a complaint?
Consent to Processing
By providing any personal information to BITIBU, all Users internationally fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site.